A RAINY SUNDAY

heeelloo!
it was Tallinn Street Food Fest recently, and because I was working on Saturday, the sunny day, we went there on Sunday, the rainy day. At first I wasn't that excited, but firstly, I finally saw Anett over like a week which is a long period of time, and secondly, there were no queues because of the weather, and we had a blast !! (on saturday, there were around 10 000 visitors, on sunday around 3000)



my beautiful


oh my god yes !! 
I finally got to eat Papa Joe's falafels, instantly fell in love, the best thing on earth
falafel is love falafel is life
same thing with hummus


"take the pic i want to eat this alreadyyy"
or always document when eating falafels, it is crucial





we also bought some sweet potato fries by the restaurant Kivi Paber Käärid, but I personally was rather disappointed as these were too oily and dry for me.
the best sweet potato chips are still without any oil or salt, straight out of the oven

and we also tried some raw homemade cakes, these were good, a sweet end to a savoury falafel salad
though I could've by the same way eat another plate of falafels for dessert...


And afterwards, as Anett went to dance zumba, we visited TASE '15 which was an exhibition about bachelor's and master's thesis works, by graduates from the Estonian Academy of Art. The exhibition was in an old sock-factory (SUVA) in Kalamaja, which will be the new house for EKA, but it's not yet renovated, which I just loved !! this building looked exactly the same as I guess it looked back in the days when it was used as a factory, all the old signs etc were still up, paint on the walls was falling off and the windows hardly stayed on (just old house things). The exhibition itself was through 5 floors. I personally liked the architecture floor and the floor of fine arts the most, and I didn't enjoy the floor of graphic design, it was a bit too hipsterish, too much room was let for imagination. Architecture I liked because I felt that that was something I'd like to create in the future, and fine arts because they were the most logically abstract, and because the animations were soon good with great plot-twists and original ideas. 
There is something I absolutely love about this kind of abstract art, where the artist does not reveal his/here point of view, or the idea/background of the artwork, so anyone wondering or looking, has his/her own idea or he/she gets it their own way, their own original way. But at the same time the idea is not that hidden, so it is still fun to examine, and it's easy to guess the artists idea.


for example there was "The dream room" which had pink stars painted all over the floor, and some abstract paintings on the walls, I loved that room so so much!! 
and after all, it was very cute









small cinema with genius animations !


and as it was rainy and I was wearing my beautiful black rubber boots, I think I jumped into every puddle that got in the way, it felt so childish but so free and good at the same time. I guess it is necessary to be a little kid every once in a while.. with no shame!
absolutely love that weather.



In the evening we had a movie night at my place, watched "The boyhood" and drank soy-milk-cocoas and ate bananas, it was sweet.
and then i walked Anett almost home, and walked back, breathed the fresh-after-rain-humid-air and was happy with myself and with my thoughts



that little dot there is Anett
bye Anett
h

2 comments: