WAVE

On 29th of August we had the first ever all-to-ourselves-surf-day during this summer. Meaning for the first time we had a day full of west-wind and we did not have to give even one lesson meaning it was by far one of the best days this summer !! and what was even greater- I finally learned how to surf with a waveboard. A waveboard in kitesurfing is a board looking like a normal surfboard you take waves with, only that it is lighter and has a grip for both legs on it, or has straps, which would be easier for a beginner like me. So basically it is like surfing only that you do not have to paddle to get the speed, you just use your kite to get on the wave and turn etc. And the board I used, for the first time ever wave boarding, was a strapless one, so it was quite hard and everything I was told at the beach was how to balance my bodyweight, not one word about how to get on the board or how to turn around or any other tip like that, so I basically knew nothing. However, it turned out to be quite easy, or not that easy, but still a lot of fun and smiles! I did fall and lose my board and I was IN the water a lot more than usually, but for a first time ever, it was good and I can say that I am proud !!
and of course I had to take my go pro with me




"no, guys, I didn't fall at all.."


just please, how beautiful can a board be??!?




it's all fun and games until..


first ever turn!

xx
h

No comments:

Post a Comment